Selasa, 23 Desember 2008 di 22.38 |  
Lassana Diarra is ready to hit the ground running at Real Madrid CF after completing his estimated €20m move from Portsmouth FC on Monday.

'Impossible to refuse'
The 23-year-old France midfielder has signed a contract running until summer 2013 after completing a medical at Madrid, continuing a career which took him from Le Havre AC to Chelsea FC and Arsenal FC before his switch last January to Portsmouth. "It is impossible to refuse an offer from Real Madrid," Diarra said: "I feel capable. I have the abilities and I think Real Madrid is what I needed. I need to adapt to the Spanish game and do it quickly. I've played with big clubs, got good experience with the French national team, and I still want to improve."

Makelele comparison
Diarra follows in the footsteps of another French defensive midfielder at Madrid, Claude Makelele, but played down comparisons with his former Chelsea FC team-mate. "It's an honour to be compared to Makelele, but Makelele is Makelele and I am me," Diarra said. "We have some things in common but I'm my own player. They compare me to him, but he came here when he was a little older – I'm younger."

Possible debut
He could make his debut at home to Villarreal CF on 4 January as Madrid attempt to improve on their current Liga position of fifth, 12 points behind leaders FC Barcelona, under recently-appointed coach Juande Ramos. Madrid have been drawn against Liverpool FC in the UEFA Champions League first knockout round on 25 February and 10 March but are only able to register one of Diarra and fellow new signing Klaas Jan Huntelaar from AFC Ajax for the competition as both have appeared in this season's UEFA Cup. For the relevant regulation click here and go to article 17.18.

©uefa.com 1998-2008. All rights reserved.
Diposting oleh Boz_Tanx

0 komentar:

Visit the Site
MARVEL and SPIDER-MAN: TM & 2007 Marvel Characters, Inc. Motion Picture © 2007 Columbia Pictures Industries, Inc. All Rights Reserved. 2007 Sony Pictures Digital Inc. All rights reserved. blogger templates